1. Q: Can I Trade in my vehicle with a latest model even if I bought it from a different distributor on or offline but still is a Toyota Brand? +
A: We offer a Trade-in Programme that enables all those that currently own Toyota Zambia bought vehicles trade-in their vehicles and upgrade to new models. This programme gives customer the prospect of also buying good second hand vehicles.
2. Q: What are Preowned vehicles? +
A: These vehicles that have been previously owned by Toyota employees that come a low mileage, a perfect service record, a full tank of fuel plus a warranty of 3 years or 100,000kms (whichever comes first) from the date of first registration. Most people might refer to them as very good second hand vehicles
3. Q: Do you sell older Toyota models? +
A: Yes, what we refer to as preowned vehicles.
4. Q: Can I bring my Toyota vehicle for a service even if I hadn’t bought it from Toyota Zambia? +
A: Yes, as long as it is a Toyota brand.
5. Q: How often should I bring my Vehicle in for service? +
A: Every after 5,000 km coverage.
6. Q: Are Toyota Cairo and Toyota Nangwenya the same company? +
A: Yes, only that they are different branches
7. Q: How Many Toyota Zambia branches do you have? +
A: We have 6 branches namely; Toyota Cairo, Toyota Nangwenya, Toyota Kitwe, Toyota Livingstone, Toyota Kabwe and Solwezi. We also have authorised service centres in Chipata and Mkushi
8. Q: Do you offer instalment payments for the purchase of vehicles? +
A: No. However, we are in partnership with financing houses such as; Public Service Micro Finance, Stanbic Bank etc
9. Q: What’s the time frame for a vehicle to arrive in the country once ordered? +
A: Three to six months from the point of production. However, if the stock is in country delivery can be done within 21 working days
10. Q: Why are spare parts expensive? +
A: We offer genuine parts which are designed specifically for your vehicle, for your safety, performance and peace-of-mind Our Genuine Parts undergo extensive testing to comply with all recognized regulatory, safety and environmental requirements. Through continuous investments in research and development and cutting edge technology, Toyota Genuine Parts are guaranteed to provide superior quality, reliability and durability.
11. Q: Why is a servicing so expensive as compared to other dealers? +
A: Toyota knows your car better than anyone else – they designed it, they produced it and they have trained technicians to take care of your car. We provide you with high level of service quality to your car.
12. Q: How long does it take for my vehicle to be serviced? +
A: About eight (8) to twenty-four (24) hours.
13. Q: Can I purchase a Toyota vehicle directly from the manufacturer or distributor? + 9>
A: No. All retail sales transactions of Toyota vehicles are processed directly through Toyota dealerships in Lusaka Cairo or Nangwenya Branches. Toyota Zambia is the distributor of new Toyota vehicles in Zambia and is responsible for the warranties of these vehicles.
14. Q: What is a Trade in appraisal? +
A: An appraisal is an evaluation of the condition and value of a vehicle, which represents a dealer's assessment of what the dealership would be willing to pay for that vehicle. This offer to purchase may be contingent on your purchase of another vehicle from the dealership
15. Q: Where can I purchase genuine Toyota parts? +
A: Genuine Toyota parts and accessories are sold through the Parts Department of Toyota Zambia dealerships. The Parts consultants at your Toyota dealership can determine the availability and price of the parts and accessories required, and can assist in the processing of your order.
16. Q: Are Toyota Genuine parts competitive in price? +
A: We continually compare our pricing to other manufacturers and the aftermarket. In many instances our price is comparable to the aftermarket. Toyota Zambia sells parts to our authorized dealers and provides suggested selling prices. Dealers are free to set their own retail selling prices.
Note: For more information on Toyota parts, please visit Toyota Cairo or Nangwenya Branches. You can also call our parts telesales on + 260971268005 or +26091268000.
17. Q: What is the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)? +
A: The Vehicle Identification Number, or VIN, is a sequence of 17 alphanumeric characters used to uniquely identify your vehicle. The VIN on vehicles purchased prior to 1992 may consist of fewer digits.
Toyota VINs beginning with "2" indicate vehicles assembled in Canada.
Vehicles with VINs beginning with "1", "4", or "5" represent vehicles assembled in the United States.
Vehicles with VINs beginning with "J" were produced in Japan.
The 2nd digit indicates the Manufacturer, which is Toyota.
The next 6 digits (3 through 8) are the Vehicle Description Section (VDS). These provide information on the vehicle, engine, model and body style.
The ninth digit is a check digit used internally.
The 10th digit indicates the model year. Letters (except "O" and "Z") were used for vehicles up to the 2000 model year, while numbers are used for 2001 and newer vehicles. For example, "X" means the 1999 model year, "Y" is the 2000 model year and "1" represents the 2001 model year.
The 11th digit is the plant code.
Finally, digits 12 – 17 are the unique vehicle serial number.
The letter "O" is never used in a VIN. "0" always refers to the number zero.
18. Q: Where can I locate the vehicle identification number (VIN) on my vehicle? +
A: On the driver's side dashboard near or under the bottom portion of the windshield
On the ownership registration card
On your vehicle insurance card
On the certification label found on the driver's side doorjamb on most vehicles
19. Q: What is the warranty coverage on Toyota vehicles? +
A: Our warranty covers 3 years or 100,000 km whichever comes first. Warranty information, such as comprehensive and powertrain warranty, and more, can be found on our Warranty Page as well as in the Toyota Owner’s Manual Supplement. For further Toyota warranty questions, please contact your Toyota dealer.